REST API Request Limits
REST API requests of all types and to all endpoints are limited in the following ways:
- IP address
- 500,000 requests per hour
- 8,300 requests per minute
- 2,000 requests per minute
- 5 concurrent requests
Note: Ignoring the violation of request limits may lead to the offender being blocked from submitting further requests.
Building Efficient Integrations
The Developer Network has a lot of content to aid in building efficient integrations. Some of these will may avoid violating the request limits, some are just good practice:
- Batch Requests - this section defines how requests can be batched together (doesn't help with avoiding request limits)
- Product ID Integrations - this section focuses on ensuring efficient handling of Product IDs.
- This may help avoid request limits depending on need, catalog size, and system design.
- Product Uploads - this section outlines delivery of product files through the API.
- We recommend this endpoint for updating products in large catalogs.
- This is the most helpful method to avoid hitting the request limits, as it utilizes file format upload (delivered via API) to update product data instead of individual requests to the API.
- Product Exports - this section defines a method to export data via API.