Unique Identifier Data
The ChannelAdvisor REST API utilizes uniquely generated identifiers across every concept.
- These IDs will be unique across all profiles that exist under a particular account.
- This includes, but is not limited to 'ID' (see Entity Tables) tied to Products, Orders, Fulfillments, Adjustments, etc.
- As a result of this, when authorized across multiple profiles, many requests that utilize these ChannelAdvisor generated IDs will not require inclusion of a ProfileID in the URI or body of the request.
There are other "ID" properties in the REST API entities that are not generated by ChannelAdvisor.
- These include, but are not limited to SiteOrderID, SecondarySiteOrderID,SiteListingID,SiteOrderItemID, etc.
- These are usually unique within a profile, but we cannot guarantee they will be.
- For agencies accessing multiple different accounts, these IDs may end up being duplicated across all the different accounts .
- Large accounts (those with large product counts and/or multiple profiles) may be split across servers, so uniqueness cannot be guaranteed.
Visual Representation of Accounts, Profiles, and ChannelAdvisor Generated Unique IDs
Note: if operating as a single organization/company, the account and profiles will likely be setup as Account #1 or #2 shows.