SOAP API Documentation
This section provides documentation, code samples, and other information regarding legacy API connectivity to the ChannelAdvisor platform. The documentation specifically describes the latest version of the SOAP API, V7.
REST vs SOAP
Having been in service since 2006, the SOAP API is our legacy interface. Full support is still offered for V7, but where possible, developers of new integrations are strongly encouraged to consume the newer REST API, which offers the vast majority of the functionality present in the SOAP API plus much more. The REST API includes the SOAP API Credentials Flow to help SOAP API users transition to REST as seamlessly as possible.
Steps for Developer:
- See the Understanding Security page for instructions on setting up API access.
- Check out the Intro to Integrations guide to get an idea of the API's capabilities.
- Review the provided Code Samples and Application Example - Exporting Orders for ideas on how to get started with an integration.
- To ask questions about how to use the API, join our ChannelAdvisor Developer Network Google Group. A wealth of previous discussion threads are available to be searched for answers, or new questions can be posted as needed.
- For help troubleshooting an error, Contact Us. Please be prepared to provide the full XML request and response.
Please note, SOAP v1.1 is supported, but SOAP v1.2 is not.
Frequently Used Services
Verify and request Account Authorizations.
Manage order fulfillments and fulfillment items.
Create, retrieve, and update product information.
Manage open marketplace listings.
Create and delete eBay Ad information.
Retrieve or submit orders and refunds.
Retrieve shipping rates and submit shipment notifications for orders.
Manage shopping carts.
Retrieve information about your store.
Retrieve tax rates.