- This page and the examples within represent the creation of new attributes and updating of existing attributes after the creation of the underlying product.
- For an example of creating a product with attributes at the same time, see Creating a Basic Product with Attributes.
- Requires the Product ID (not the Sku - the ChannelAdvisor unique ID representing the product).
- Place a GET Products request and $filter=Sku eq 'PRODUCT SKU VALUE'&$select=ID to return the ID to use in this request.
- After a product is created, this is how to add or update attributes and attribute values for a product.
- Some endpoints do not allow updating more than one attribute at a time - there is an endpoint available to do this.
- For a way to create attributes during product creation, please see the pages on Creating Products.
- Encode any characters in the Attribute Name that may be interpreted as operators when the Attribute Name is required in the URI.
- Notice the different format necessary for $batch requests in the examples below.
All available endpoints for Attributes.
Important and/or Required Parameters
|Property||Type (Max Length)||Required||Note|
|ProductID||integer (32 bit)||Required||The ChannelAdvisor defined unique ID (not the Sku value) of the product.
See note above under "Considerations" about retrieving the Product ID.
|ProfileID||integer (32 bit)||Conditional||Include in body of POST request only. Omit from all other requests.
Identifies the ChannelAdvisor account. Required if authorized for multiple profiles.
|Name||string (32)||Required||Location varies by request type. The name of the attribute.|
|Value||string (32,000)||Required||Include in the body. The value that corresponds with the name given.|